15 organic chopped dates, 125 g ghee, 150g brown sugar/ jaggery/ date syrup/ brown syrup, 2 teaspoon cinnamon, 3 ground cardamom, large handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, large handful of raisins; 500g of rolled porridge oats, rice/ soya milk.
Put dates in pan with a little water and cook for 5 minutes until soft then blend into a thick paste. Add ghee and crumbled jaggery into the pan and melt over a low heat. Add the spices, seeds, fruits and enough oats to make a thick consistency, mixing all ingredients. Add some rice or soya milk and stir th mixture over heat for a few minutes, adding more oats to bulk up the mixture. Cooking the oats in this way makes them soften and the flapjack bind. After 5 minutes of cooking, pour onto a baking sheet or in a flat oven dish and flatten down with a spoon. Place in a preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius/ Gas mark 4 until they are golden brown on top.
-8 glasses of water
-1 tbsp grated ginger root
-1 fresh cucumber peeled and cut.
-cut lemon pieces
-12 leaves of mint
Instructions: Mix the ingredients in a jar a night before consumption and consume the following day. Repeat the process for 4 days for visible results.
This drink when paired with a controlled diet may result in a flat stomach without any starvation. With water being the base ingredient, this drink will help flush out fat deposits by boosting metabolism and causing no side-effects
Natural Foods better than any detox diet:
As it turns out, a balanced, proper diet may be more helpful than a detox diet. Our livers act as our body’s own personal vacuum as it sucks toxins present in the bloodstream, trigger and support healthy digestive functions through the bile and converts and distributes nutrients from the foods we eat.
Here’s our recommendation of natural foods that you can adopt in your current diet without the need to starve and will support healthy liver functions much longer than any diet:
DETOX YOUR LIVER WITH 19 SUPER FOODS:
- Beets and Carrots: Carrots are rich in Glutathione, a protein that helps detoxify the liver. Both are extremely high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene; eating beets and carrots can help stimulate and improve overall liver function.
- Tomatoes: They have abundant amounts of Glutathione that is a great detoxifier of the liver. As a side effect Lycopene in tomatoes will protect against breast, skin and lung cancer.
- Grapefruit: Another source of liver cleansing glutathione is grapefruit. Also high vitamin C and antioxidants, boosts production of the liver detoxification enzymes and increases the natural cleansing processes that help flush out carcinogens and other toxins of the liver.
- Spinach: Raw Spinach is a major source of glutathione that triggers toxin cleansing enzymes of the liver.
- Citrus Fruits: Lemons and Lime contain very high amounts of vitamin C, helps stimulate the liver and aids the synthesizing of toxic materials into substances that can be absorbed by water.
- Cabbage: The isothiocyanates (ITCs) made from cabbage’s glucosinolates provides liver detoxifying enzymes that help flush out toxins.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is the liver’s favorite spice and helps boost liver detox, by assisting enzymes that actively flush out dietary carcinogens.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are a good source of glutathione, omega-3 fatty acids, and amino acid arginine, which support the normal liver cleansing actions, especially in detoxifying ammonia.
- Avocados: The nutrient-dense super-food, avocado helps the body produce glutathione- compound that is necessary for the liver to cleanse harmful toxins.
- Apples: They are high in pectin and other chemicals essential to cleanse and release toxins from the digestive tract. Apples make it easier for the liver to handle the toxic load during the cleansing process.
- Brussels sprouts: Brussels sprouts are high in sulfur and antioxidant glucosinolate, which forces the liver to release enzymes that block damage from environmental or dietary toxins.
- Garlic: Garlic is loaded with sulfur that activates liver enzymes that help your body flush out toxins. Garlic also holds high amounts of allicin and selenium, two natural compounds that aid in liver cleansing.
- Dandelion: Dandelion root tea assists the liver in breaking down fats, producing amino acids and generally ridding it off toxins.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: Green Veggies are extremely high in plant chlorophylls that absorb environmental toxins, increase bile production, neutralize heavy metals, chemicals and pesticides, lowering the burden on the liver.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Eating broccoli and cauliflower will increase production of enzymes glucosinolate in your system that help flush out carcinogens, and other toxins.
- Asparagus: Asparagus is a great diuretic helping in the cleansing process and sharing the detox load of the liver and kidneys.
- Green Tea: Green tea is full of plant antioxidants known as catechins, a compound known to assist liver function.
- Olive Oil: Cold-pressed organic oils such as olive, hemp and flax-seed are great support for the liver, providing the body with a lipid base that can suck up harmful toxins in the body.
- Alternative Grains: Gluten rich grains wheat, flour, or other whole grains increase the load on the liver’s detox function and enzyme production. Switch to alternative grains like quinoa, millet, and buckwheat in your diet.
-1 cup hemp or coconut milk
-1/2 cup frozen pineapple or mango chunks
-1 fresh banana
-1 tablespoon coconut oil
-1/2 teaspoon turmeric (can be increased to 1 tsp)
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ginger
-1 teaspoon chia seeds
-1 teaspoon maca (optional)
Process these ingredients in a blender until smooth